- Season meat with salt, pepper and paprika
- Heat a frying pan, or wok if you have one, until very hot, then add oil
- Add meat and move quickly around with a spoon/spatula until seared
- Once the meat is seared but still rare add brandy
- Remove the meat from the pan and keep warm
- Add butter to the pan over medium heat
- Toss onion and capsicum until tender
- Add mushrooms and dill cucumbers
- Add white wine, cream and tomato coulis, cook for 2 minutes
- Add some salt, black pepper and hot chilli to taste
- Add meat and cook for 1 minute
- Serve with pasta or rice
Meet Stephan Muller
The Wursthütte owner since 2013.
Old Werner Muller started the Wursthütte Butcher Shop in Malvern more than 35 years ago. His goal was to produce the most authentic sausages for his Australian customers. His quality standards were extremely high. The Wurst (sausage) had to be so perfect that you could sell it in any European butcher shop from Zurich to Vienna. Werner’s nephew, Stephan Muller, arrived from Luzern Switzerland thirteen years ago to help out his uncle. He always wanted to learn this traditional craft from him. Stephan, a sixth-generation Butcher, later became the owner of the Wursthutte in 2013. Today, Stephan continues the family legacy in a very competitive market.