Dressing (alternatively purchase and use your favourite dressing)
- Wash and drain lettuce well, then store covered in the fridge until needed
- Cook prosciutto in the oven, turn regularly to avoid burning
- Drain prosciutto on absorbent paper and allow to cool & become crisp
- Roast walnuts in the oven, move around regularly to avoid burning
- Shave slithers of cheese with a vegetable peeler
- Chop mango & avocado into chunks
- Reheat chicken placing the whole bag in simmering water for 5 minutes
- Alternatively on high for 2 minutes
- Carefully open the bag and pour juices into a container with lemon juice, olive oil and mustard
- Put the lid on and shake well
- Carefully break lettuce into pieces in a large bowl
- Add prosciutto, mango, walnuts and toss with enough dressing to coat
- Arrange neatly, either on one large platter or individual plates
- Place slices of warm grilled chicken over the top and sprinkle with cheese
- Drizzle extra dressing and grind black pepper over the salad
- Serve immediately
Salad Preparation Tip
- Wash, drain and refrigerate the lettuce a couple of hours before using and the lettuce will be crisp and dry.
- Dress salads as close to serving as possible, this will prevent the greens from turning limp.
Stephan Muller owner of the Wursthutte since 2013.
Old Werner Muller started the Wursthutte Butcher Shop in Malvern more than 35 years ago. Werner's goal was to produce the most authentic sausages for his Australian customers. 13 years ago, Stephan Muller, Werner’s nephew, arrived from Luzern Switzerland to help out his uncle and learn from him. Stephan, a sixth generation Butcher, then became the owner of the Wursthutte and continues the family legacy today in a very competitive market.