- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in half. Boil them in salted water until completely cooked, drain well and toss in 30ml of oil, season with salt and pepper. Keep aside
- Peel and remove top and tail of carrot, onion and celery
- Roughly chop the vegetables and place in a roasting dish
- Season the meat with salt and pepper
- Place the veal on top of the chopped vegetables, pour 30 ml of oil over the meat and put in the oven
- After 10 minutes scatter the potatoes around the veal and turn the oven down to 170ºC
- Cooking time: 40 minutes at 170ºC
- When the veal is cooked transfer meat and potatoes to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and keep in a warm place
- Add tomato paste to the roasting dish. Pour beef stock into the pan and simmer for 5 minutes, low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Mix the corn flour with a small amount of cold water and add to the sauce stirring continuously – 1-2 minute. Add any juices collected under the resting meat
- Strain the sauce, into a small saucepan and discard the vegetables
- Carve the meat between the bones and serve with sauce, potatoes and your favourite vegetables
Stephan Muller owner of the Wursthutte since 2013.
Old Werner Muller started the Wursthutte Butcher Shop in Malvern more than 35 years ago. Werner's goal was to produce the most authentic sausages for his Australian customers. 13 years ago, Stephan Muller, Werner’s nephew, arrived from Luzern Switzerland to help out his uncle and learn from him. Stephan, a sixth generation Butcher, then became the owner of the Wursthutte and continues the family legacy today in a very competitive market.