- Fry onion until soft
- Add red cabbage, salt, sugar, pepper, cloves, red wine and water
- Bring to the boil
- Cover with a lid and reduce heat to very low
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the cabbage is soft
- During this cooking time cook your favourite sausages
- Add cranberry jelly to cabbage and mix well and increase heat to simmer
- Mix cornflour with vinegar and add to the cabbage while stirring
- Serve with crusty bread and/or boiled potatoes
- Any sausages will accompany the red cabbage. Use your favourite. Or serve with some smoked ham, kassler or turkey.
Stephan Muller owner of the Wursthutte since 2013.
Old Werner Muller started the Wursthutte Butcher Shop in Malvern more than 35 years ago. Werner's goal was to produce the most authentic sausages for his Australian customers. 13 years ago, Stephan Muller, Werner’s nephew, arrived from Luzern Switzerland to help out his uncle and learn from him. Stephan, a sixth generation Butcher, then became the owner of the Wursthutte and continues the family legacy today in a very competitive market.