- Fry onion until soft
- Add red cabbage, salt, sugar, pepper, cloves, red wine and water
- Bring to the boil
- Cover with a lid and reduce heat to very low
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the cabbage is soft
- During this cooking time cook your favourite sausages
- Add cranberry jelly to cabbage and mix well and increase heat to simmer
- Mix cornflour with vinegar and add to the cabbage while stirring
- Serve with crusty bread and/or boiled potatoes
- Any sausages will accompany the red cabbage. Use your favourite. Or serve with some smoked ham, kassler or turkey.
Meet Stephan Muller
The Wursthütte owner since 2013.
Old Werner Muller started the Wursthütte Butcher Shop in Malvern more than 35 years ago. His goal was to produce the most authentic sausages for his Australian customers. His quality standards were extremely high. The Wurst (sausage) had to be so perfect that you could sell it in any European butcher shop from Zurich to Vienna. Werner’s nephew, Stephan Muller, arrived from Luzern Switzerland thirteen years ago to help out his uncle. He always wanted to learn this traditional craft from him. Stephan, a sixth-generation Butcher, later became the owner of the Wursthutte in 2013. Today, Stephan continues the family legacy in a very competitive market.